Dresslily - I asked to cancel my order and get a refund, they didn't listen

Update added by user Oct 14, 2014

I should also say that a few days after this incident I was browsing around for reliable clothing websites and I found one that looked quite nice.After looking around I noticed some photos that looked familiar, then it hit me.

I had seen some of these clothing items on Dresslily! Clearly, Dresslily went hunting around the internet and saved pictures from legitimate clothing websites, photoshopped them, and put the up on their page! Here's an example: the first image I have added, of the white coat, is from Dresslily. The second, the blue coat, is from a company called Apostolic clothing and is actually a $200 or so coat.

With some photoshopping of the second photo you get the Dresslily one.Caught you Dresslily!

Original review posted by user Oct 14, 2014

I stumbled upon Dresslily and thought it was a dream come true.The clothes were beautiful and not very expensive.

I found a coat I absolutely adored so my mom decided to order it for me so I'd have a nice coat this winter. I placed my order and 2 weeks later I started getting anxious. I checked my order and it was still, "processing." I decided to go to their facebook page and see what other people had to say and lo and behold, I found hundreds of people describing how awful this website was. I immediately shot Dresslily a message through their support center and asked to have my order canceled and asked for a refund.

They got back to me fairly quick and said my order was packaged but had not been sent so I could still cancel if I wanted to. They then apologized and said there was a delay in shipping because of a Chinese national holiday however they didn't mention my refund at all. I then told them that yes I still wished to cancel my order and asked about my refund. What happened next infuriated me.

They replied again in less than 24 hours and said that it was too late and that my items had been shipped. I replied with a nasty message saying that I asked them to cancel and still wanted a refund and it felt as though they were completely ignoring me. They then figured the best way to handle this situation was to give me a coupon for 5% off my next order. Seriously!?

What makes them think I'd want to shop with them after all of this? I gave them a piece of my mind and DEMANDED a refund and yet they still didn't listen. All they said was that I can keep the package and the best they can do is refund me $8. Stay away from this company guys.

Even if by some miracle I actually see my coat I will say that their customer service is terrible. I even went as far as to make a dispute via Paypal, which I paid through, and the company ignored me for days and then gave me the exact same message I was sent earlier about the coupon for 5% off.

I'm so glad my mom only spent $38 and I'm also glad that this has been handed over to our credit card company.This has been nothing but a nightmare.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 21 Yes 21 4 No 4
Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 21 #1162515

I have been asking for a return add. They said I had to give them everything that was any where, which I had some of it. They continue to ignore me. Several of the dresses, and sent back were horrible. After this none of Dresslily again.

0 0 Reply

Nov 21, 2015 #1067430

This is my first time and last time to order from Dresslily!!!! I'm having a hard time getting them to respond to my emails. I ordered a...pic of a beautiful blue button down blouse with lace sleeves. What I got was a faded out blue..strings hanging everywhere and what was suppose to be xl, came to my waist. Very Very POOR QUALITY!!!! It came from overseas, that I didn't know, thought it was a U.S. based company!!!

1 1 Reply

Nov 26, 2015 #1069823

What on earth made you think this company was based in the US??? Seriously people, learn how to read and comprehend! Furthermore, stop expecting high quality garments for next to nothing.... QUALITY COSTS MONEY! Stop being so cheap, and you'll find you won't have to whine so much.

7 1 Reply

Apr 24, 2015 #976068

If its too good to be true, it is.
Remember that.

2 0 Reply
Figures  WTF 13

Dec 29, 2014 #922658 Bayville, New Jersey

Wow ...okay now it all makes sense
. wtf :(

1 0 Reply

Nov 28, 2014 #907278 Holly Springs, North Carolina

I ordered on October 21,2014 4 coats 2small 2 medium ive not gotten them nor have I got a 're fund the coats are gifts for my girls but I can't get you to send them or call me.1-803-899-1859.
Im very mad to know a consumer would steal money n not send the order so ive turned your company in to be investigated. marieskelton26@gmail.com

3 1 Reply

Feb 02, 2015 #939914 Mount Pleasant, Michigan

It looks like I'm going down the same road and will also report them once I get the song and dance.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dresslily. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Dresslily.
Filing a new complaint about