Dresslily - I asked to cancel my order and get a refund, they didn't listen
Update added by user Oct 14, 2014
I should also say that a few days after this incident I was browsing around for reliable clothing websites and I found one that looked quite nice.After looking around I noticed some photos that looked familiar, then it hit me.
I had seen some of these clothing items on Dresslily! Clearly, Dresslily went hunting around the internet and saved pictures from legitimate clothing websites, photoshopped them, and put the up on their page! Here's an example: the first image I have added, of the white coat, is from Dresslily. The second, the blue coat, is from a company called Apostolic clothing and is actually a $200 or so coat.
With some photoshopping of the second photo you get the Dresslily one.Caught you Dresslily!
Original review posted by user Oct 14, 2014
I stumbled upon Dresslily and thought it was a dream come true.The clothes were beautiful and not very expensive.
I found a coat I absolutely adored so my mom decided to order it for me so I'd have a nice coat this winter. I placed my order and 2 weeks later I started getting anxious. I checked my order and it was still, "processing." I decided to go to their facebook page and see what other people had to say and lo and behold, I found hundreds of people describing how awful this website was. I immediately shot Dresslily a message through their support center and asked to have my order canceled and asked for a refund.
They got back to me fairly quick and said my order was packaged but had not been sent so I could still cancel if I wanted to. They then apologized and said there was a delay in shipping because of a Chinese national holiday however they didn't mention my refund at all. I then told them that yes I still wished to cancel my order and asked about my refund. What happened next infuriated me.
They replied again in less than 24 hours and said that it was too late and that my items had been shipped. I replied with a nasty message saying that I asked them to cancel and still wanted a refund and it felt as though they were completely ignoring me. They then figured the best way to handle this situation was to give me a coupon for 5% off my next order. Seriously!?
What makes them think I'd want to shop with them after all of this? I gave them a piece of my mind and DEMANDED a refund and yet they still didn't listen. All they said was that I can keep the package and the best they can do is refund me $8. Stay away from this company guys.
Even if by some miracle I actually see my coat I will say that their customer service is terrible. I even went as far as to make a dispute via Paypal, which I paid through, and the company ignored me for days and then gave me the exact same message I was sent earlier about the coupon for 5% off.
I'm so glad my mom only spent $38 and I'm also glad that this has been handed over to our credit card company.This has been nothing but a nightmare.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Clothes Refund
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "Scam company! Junk product! Bogus contact numbers! Non existing customer service! ..."
- "Clothing was sized for a child and paper thin. Earrings were missing posts backing and another had broken posts. Obviously paying for return charges from the US to..."
- "I ordered 7 items from them, 3shirts n 4 different pairs of their lace spliced jeans , and maybe Im just lucky or what, but 2 weeks later recieved 2of..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."